Thread: User input from pl/sql
How could I get user input from a pl/sql block?
Hope that somebody can help me.
Leave a comment...
- 5 Comments
- Well, procedure can only 'get' input at execute time NOT during execution.
What are you trying to accomplish?
>How could I get user input from a pl/sql block?
>Hope that somebody can help me.
>Amelio.#1; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:39:00 GMT
- I need only to run an 'pause' or something like that within a pl/sql block. Do you know if it's possible? Thanks.#2; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:40:00 GMT
- There is a package DBMS_LOCK that has a SLEEP routine, which suspends the session for a given period of time (in seconds).
However, you can only pause the procedure and not accept user input into the procedure during the pause.
syntax: DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP(1) ;
>I need only to run an 'pause' or something like that within a pl/sql block. Do you know if it's possible? Thanks.#3; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:41:00 GMT
- There exists a search utility on this forum...
/Uffe#4; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:42:00 GMT
- If u want to run same query based on diff parameter value try this:
+Only from SQLPLUS+
Use & at the beging of the parameter.
When U run the code, it will ask u for the value.
Note: I do not think It will ask multiple times if u add the param within a loop.
Tipu#5; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:43:00 GMT